STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Goodyear, Arizona.
Candidates will be responsible for performing avionics testing, troubleshooting, repairs, operational checks, installations, modifications, inspections of avionics systems, and using ground test equipment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in installing avionics systems.
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform the removal/installation of avionics components, fabricate wire harnesses, perform avionics system installations, make wire terminations, perform wiring ring-outs, and perform functional tests of complex avionics systems.
- Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Install and maintain avionics systems and components in accordance with Company policies and procedures, manufacturer’s manuals and FAA requirements; diagnose and repair malfunctioning avionics systems; inspect, clean and test avionics systems; document completion of modifications.
- Generate related aircraft maintenance work forms and records; advise and assist with engineering and avionics modifications; assist in the development of Company work cards and procedures relating to avionics systems testing and maintenance.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment.
- Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components
- You must have verifiable at least 10 yrs. experience troubleshooting complex avionics systems on commercial aircraft avionics.
- You must be able to read and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams, schematics, technical publications and understanding of FARs and avionics systems operation.
- Must have their Airframe and Powerplant license.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree or higher in Avionics or Aviation Maintenance a plus but not required.
- Requirements A&P mechanic Be able to troubleshoot difficult avionics system malfunctions with minimal error, and high level of confidence.
- At least 10 yrs avionics troubleshooting experience –> MUST HAVE 10 YEARS W/ NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEMS
- Able to travel 50% of the time
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes
- Works well under pressure
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written in English
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to travel domestic and international 50% of the time
- Must be able to use oscilloscopes and complex avionics test equipment including but not limited to TCAS testers, IFR testers, etc.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.