Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Huntsville, Alabama.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Avionics Mechanic installs units, parts, equipment, and components in avionics assembly, according to blueprints and specifications provided.
- He/she fabricates and assembles prototype equipment for a variety of military aircraft and is familiar with military technical manuals, technical orders, modification work orders and blue prints.
- He/she also coordinates with project engineer personnel throughout the project and provides technical assistance to project engineers.
- He/she also services, repairs and overhauls aircraft to ensure airworthiness.
- He/she repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft components, such as wiring harnesses, power distribution systems, and functional components including communication/navigation systems, and flight control/aircraft monitoring systems using hand tools, power tools, machines, equipment, soldering irons, and connector installation tools.
- He/she reads and interprets maintenance manuals, technical manuals, FAA FAR’s and commercial aircraft manuals.
- He/she services batteries to keep aircraft in safe operating conditions.
- Installs units, parts, equipment, and components in structural assembly, according to blueprints and specifications, using hand tools and power tools. Must have experience with UH60 A/L Mike model experience is a plus.
- HS – Required
- Technical or Military School Training -Desired
- 4 years direct experience in avionics maintenance, primarily in the military aviation field or appropriate military occupation specialty training.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.