STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is currently hiring Avionics Technicians for open positions in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
- The Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM) – Avionics is part of the Component Maintenance team within TechOps
- In this role, you will perform or assist in the disassembly, cleaning, repair, assembly, and testing of aircraft components to help ensure safe, on-time departures of our client’s fleet of aircraft and the fleet of other companies who have selected our client as their maintenance provider
- You will be expected to utilize appropriate tools, chemicals, and equipment safely to effectively and efficiently accomplish shop/aircraft related functions
- You will be required to learn all maintenance utility processes and functions within the shop and be willing to help out where necessary
- This requires that you be a team player and actively participate in identifying process improvements and cost savings initiatives
- To be selected for this position, you must have a working knowledge, understanding, and familiarization with approved manuals and procedures
- In addition, you must have the knowledge of and ability to perform appropriate computer functions in order to provide documentation to ensure that maintenance records, parts tracking and costs are accurately recorded
- You will be required to adhere to all client policies and standards
- Please note this position is subject to 24/7 operations to include shift, weekend and holiday coverage
- Safety is our client’s number one priority; therefore, all client employees practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational process and procedures
- The Aircraft Support Mechanic – Avionics position requires a high school diploma or equivalent is required as well as at least six (6) months’ of acceptable mechanical experience or appropriate technical training
- Candidates who have graduated from high school with a vocational diploma or other diploma that includes a minimum of six (6) units of study (2-3 years) in a major vocational field will be considered
- The acceptable vocational fields are: automotive, sheet metal and electrical/electronics
- To be considered based on high school vocational qualifications, candidates must provide copies of their high school transcripts listing courses, grades and credits
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, HVAC, and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems is required
- Candidates must pass job related tests which are designed to determine aptitudes and abilities to perform essential job functions
- Tests are administered based on our client’s protocol and procedures
- While this is not a comprehensive list, some tests will cover the ability to read electronic schematics, identify electronic components, discuss electronic circuit operation, and operate analog and digital
- Any certifications in EPA refrigerants or experience are preferred
- This position requires the ability to read and write English and the ability to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals
- This position also requires candidates meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds
- As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are required to pass an extensive background check, drug test, and hearing test
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.