Avionics TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Springfield, Illinois.
Build an Aviation Career You’re Proud Of:
The Avionics Technician will be responsible for Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment and systems, including Flight Management Systems (FMS,) Satcom and Airborne Radio Telephone Systems, EGPWS/TAWS, communications, navigation, radar, TCAS/XPDR, DME, autopilot/flight director, audio, ADF, Cabin Management/In-flight Entertainment (IFE), and other sophisticated avionics/electronics systems. Will route wire throughout aircraft tying into both new and factory installed wire bundles, and may assist in functional checkout and troubleshooting of all wiring systems. Will also perform less difficult assignments without assistance or supervision. Care and precision must be exercised in order to ensure quality installations, on-time deliveries, and customer satisfaction. Directly and openly communicates with customers regarding the status and time frame of repairs. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
What You’ll Do:
- Fabricates wiring harnesses; solders connector plugs; strips and hand lugs wiring; identifies wiring and fabricates and installs surface control indicating systems; performs terminal splicing; wires junction boxes; routes wiring and conduit; and performs any other electrical bench or installation work as necessary to complete the electrical repair or modification of the aircraft.
- Uses electrical hand tools, testing equipment, and soldering equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Adheres to shop standards, various manufacturers’ standards and practices and has knowledge of various federal and military standards including FAA Advisory Circulars.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal avionics systems and/or electronics education/training.
- Two years’ experience in electronics and/or avionics in the aviation industry or military equivalent.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- AET Preferred.
- A&P license preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.