Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Wichita, Kansas.
To install, adjust, functional test, troubleshoot and repair avionics systems on board the aircraft at a Textron Aviation Service Center.
- Performs the functional testing required to isolate a customer complaint in a particular avionics system and repairing that aircraft system in accordance with FAA procedures.
- Based on in-flight analysis and/or evaluation of information received from the customer, diagnoses problems and takes corrective action.
- Troubleshoots problems on defective units or wiring discrepancies.
- Replaces defective units, repairs wiring and modifies. Works from Textron Aviation schematics, blueprints and service bulletins.
- Responsible for final testing of avionics equipment and signing off customer discrepancy sheets.
- Ensures all transmitting and receiving equipment (includes pulse equipment) complies with all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Installs modifications on the aircraft, including wiring build-up and aircraft installations.
- As required, accompanies pilot in flight to functional test repaired systems and/or align systems.
- Guides and instructs one or two lower classification employees in performing avionics related maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and modification.
- Responsible for continually updating knowledge and staying current on latest avionics developments and equipment to maintain current status of all FCC and FAA repair station licenses.
- Performs related duties as required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.