B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineers
B2 Licensed Aircraft EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineers in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Are you an experienced B2 Licenced Engineer with 737 NG type rating, looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity?
STS Aviation Services is a leading MRO provider. We have an opportunity for a B2 Licenced Engineer to join our high profile bespoke aircraft modification programme, converting Boeing 737 NG aircraft into The E-7 Wedgetail. “The world’s most advanced, capable and reliable Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C0) platform”. This position is a full time, permanent position located at our hangar near to Birmingham Airport.
Reporting to the Production Manager – Avionics, you will have in-depth knowledge and experience of Aircraft Avionics Systems. This is a challenging and rewarding role, working alongside an experienced team of avionics technicians and supervisors. You will co-ordinate their tasks and certify the work packages during the extensive modification and production program.
- Carry out testing at the completion of the modification, using your approval to certify the aircraft
- Assist with writing and implementing processes within the quality structure
- Complete strip/removal of equipment
- Installation of complex wiring harnesses and modifications to existing wiring, within Avionic shelves and panels
- All aspects of electrical and avionics work will be required, including:
- Wiring terminations and testing
- Removal and installation of various shelves, panels and equipment
- Loom Manufacture and testing
- Systems testing
Skills & Abilities:
- EASA Part 66 B2 License
- Type rated on Boeing 737NG
- Military aircraft experience is essential
- Ideally a minimum of 8 years aircraft experience
- Previous aircraft production supervisory experience
- Previous modification experience
- Inspection experience in both modification and production environment
- Excellent knowledge of Avionics systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
More About this Role:
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
As described, this role will require the successful candidate to support the business with their Military Programme. Therefore, you will be required to undertake security clearance checks and meet our qualifying criteria. This will be discussed with shortlisted candidates as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will join a fast paced, innovative and dynamic business at an exciting time. You can expect a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, 4x Life Assurance, Free Parking, Subsidised Canteen and other exclusive employee benefits.