Battery Systems Reliability Engineers
Battery Systems Reliability EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Battery Systems Reliability Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
The Battery Systems Reliability Engineer’s primary duties are to utilize engineering skills to contribute to the development and qualification of new products. The Battery Systems Reliability Engineer is a member of the New Product Development Team reporting to the Battery Systems Manager Reliability/Quality. Throughout a Battery Systems (Cell, Pack & Charger) development cycles, this position requires cross-functional communication skills and analytical expertise to help launch new and exciting solutions that meet user needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Product Development (25%):
- Review new product designs and engineering changes with respect to reliability, user requirements and warranty information
- Participate and lead Benchmarking and performance testing activities based on product intent and Marketing inputs
- Identify “critical to quality” (CtQ) user need requirements on mechanical and electrical design features
- Track multiple projects simultaneously to ensure adherence to quality and reliability targets to support the larger Milwaukee Tool NPD process
- Participate and collaborate on project teams involving Marketing and Engineering. Leading in all aspects of reliability, quality, and testing discussions and decisions
- Develop test plans and procedures based on new or established products, to ensure product meets design targets and customer requirements
- Collaborate with test laboratories to ensure full test completion and best practices are utilized
- Report and present product information utilizing statistical techniques such as Weibull analysis, reliability distributions and matrices
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments and testing based on data analysis
- Ensure timely failure reporting, root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventative actions (FRACA)
- Work with Advanced Engineering teams and suppliers to qualify new cell designs for use in our Battery Systems
- Attend and perform Supplier Quality audits ensuring cell quality meets our expectation
- Develop test plans for cells to ensure on-going reliability and quality for the qualified cells
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent
- Previous experience with Design of Experiments, Battery Testing, Life data analysis and other related statistical tools and software (i.e. Minitab, Reliasoft)
- Written and verbal communication skills and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to travel 20% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International)
- Preferred: The ability and desire to achieve ASQ Reliability Engineering Certification (ASQ-CRE)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.