STS Technical Services is hiring Body Shop Technicians to work for an established trucking company in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
Our client understands the value of each and every employee. They offer their Body Shop Technicians a very competitive compensation and benefit package along with a collaborative work environment.
The Body Shop Technicians will complete fiberglass fabrication and repair, frame alignments, welding and other truck body repairs according to specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete necessary fiberglass fabrications and repairs utilizing appropriate techniques
- Soak fiber glass matting in resin mixtures, and apply layers of matting over repair areas to specified thickness
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools
- Inspect repaired vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling
- Chain or clamp frames and sections to alignment machines that used hydraulic pressure to align damaged components
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal cutting guns, air grinders, and wrenches and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas
- Remove small pits and dimples in body metal using pick hammers and punches, fill small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder
- Apply heat to plastic panel, using hot air welding guns or immersion on hot water, and press softened panels back into shape by hand
- Maintain work area cleanliness
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a truck body repair
- Valid Driver’s license, good driving record
- Must be skilled in fiber glass repair and experienced in aluminum welding
- Must possess own tools
- High school graduate or equivalent
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!