Business Unit Quality Managers
Business Unit Quality ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Business Unit Quality Managers in Dublin, Georgia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assure quality requirements are adequately defined at all functional levels to permit appropriate quality planning and verification of compliance. Coordinate TQM efforts across business units.
- Identify, develop and implement new methods of quality management and systems, and audit existing systems to meet division initiatives, ISO 9000, and other customer requirements.
- Provide quality-oriented leadership in achieving facility quality objectives. Interfaces with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive responses and technical assistance regarding quality systems and/or products.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance activities for all purchased material, equipment, parts, and processing. Manage supplier quality audits and corrective action plans. Integrate and monitor supplier quality performance with divisional objectives.
- Utilize automated systems where available to proactively plan, implement and track quality systems and processes.
- Maintain the highest degree of customer service, throughput, quality, cost reduction and people productivity.
- Provide leadership and management of the quality function at the facility, in accordance with all applicable company and U.S. Government regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality program policies, plans, standards and requirements are met at the facility.
- Interfaces routinely with all plant functions (engineering, manufacturing, sales/marketing), customers and suppliers.
- Has management responsibilities for the quality department, and reports to the Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job – four plus years applicable experience in a world-class manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts. Effective facilitation and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in Total Quality concepts and ISO procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical improvement methods, and corrective action development experience.
- Managerial experience, with demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivation to employees.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred, minimum Greenbelt required.
- Limited travel will be required.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon