STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Buyers in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
We are looking to recruit an additional person to expand the purchasing capability of the group. The ideal candidate will be an experienced buyer who is capable of supporting the purchasing of a range of materials to facilitate the ongoing requirements of a high-profile military aircraft project as well as supporting a number of commercial aviation maintenance and modification projects within the division. Ensuring a consistent flow of essential components and parts to deliver project excellence on time and within budget.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure on time supply of all materials for the relevant projects as well as ensuring minimum stock levels of consumables across the business are maintained”.
- Competitively purchase equipment, components, tooling and other bought in items as directed
- Ensuring that the purchased items conform to the relevant aviation standard and design specification
- Order consumables for the Structures, Avionics, Mechanical, Electrical, Facilities and Commercial departments.
- Source and engage with third party suppliers for bought in services
- Ensure up to date feedback regarding prices and supply capabilities are measured in order to provide ‘Latest Indicated Costs’ (LIC) budget for each project.
- Develop supplier relationships in order to achieve best value is achieved from suppliers, including price, delivery time and quality.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to develop a robust component ordering system.
- Update purchase orders and requests for service.
- Support the Logistics Manager, ensuring precise information is available regarding goods inward, ensuring accurate production planning can be achieved.
Skills and Experience:
- Possess previous logistics and manufacturing experience.
- Be conversant with various purchasing and manufacturing systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess a good understanding of RFQ’s, and PO’s.
- Have the ability to manage suppliers and achieve best price and service.
The successful candidate will join a fast paced, innovative and dynamic business at an exciting time. You can expect a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, 4x Life Assurance, Free Parking, Subsidized Canteen and other exclusive employee benefits.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.