Buyers / Cost Analysts
Buyers / Cost AnalystsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Buyers / Cost Analysts in Melrose Park, Illinois to manage and analyze Cost, Quality and Delivery performance of our Client’s Supply Base.
Successful candidates will manage all purchasing activities with respect to assigned commodities and product development programs to ensure business objectives are met. The individual represents purchasing on a cross-functional program team and facilitates overall sourcing, quoting, target cost, tooling, logistics, packaging, supplier quality and supplier readiness. This is a highly visible, very challenging and rewarding position in a supportive, fast-paced environment.
- Work with the platform team to develop and execute the commodity strategy for the office that supports the overall strategy for Procurement
- To effectively manage purchasing requirements for product implementation, and program launches
- Analyze product costs, understand underlying cost drivers and implement cost reduction initiatives to maximize savings
- Provide data to support fair and reasonable price justification in compliance to our Contractor Purchasing System requirements
- Negotiate with internal customers and external suppliers to maximize results for Navistar Defense
- Build strong strategic partnerships with military component suppliers to ensure that product quality, on time delivery and service levels are met
- This position will report to the Director of Purchasing for the Defense Group
- At least 5 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of supply chain, engineering or manufacturing experience
- Qualified candidates, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills
- CFCM or CPCM a plus
- Experience with US Government procurement regulations, including FAR & DFARS
- Experience with Military Ground Vehicles / Engines / Components a plus
- Experience with Sourcing components, discovering competitive options and negotiating deals
- Ability to effectively cope with change and to handle ambiguity
- Excellent time management skills – can organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet specific deadlines
- Ability to establish relationships and encourage cooperation between organizations
- Ability to follow-up and drive for results/resolutions
- Customer Focused – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.