STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Buyers in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Responsible for the procurement of all goods and services in a major area of a particular component group, commodity, class or family of suppliers to support direct and indirect operations. Primary contact and coordinator with all Suppliers in the area of Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Financial considerations including, but not limited to, flow of materials, cost reduction initiatives and disposition of non conforming goods.
- Assists with selection of long term suppliers who have the ability to meet or exceed all quality, manufacturing, engineering and total cost goals and objectives.
- Spearhead all business conducted with suppliers and coordinate all internal actions between supplier and the product or service including visits to internal companies (Corporate and Branches) and external suppliers.
- To insure the uninterrupted flow of high quality, cost effective goods and services to support operations and inventory objectives.
- To provide assistance and coordination for the resolution of all defective material in a timely manner with internal departments and suppliers.
- Understand and maintain compliance to Government regulations and public laws.
- Provide solutions to Management concerning potential problems or issues that could affect operations.
- Maintain integrity of JDE system.
- Establish and maintain positive interdepartmental and intra-departmental working relationships.
- All other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably assigned by the employer or its designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Internship experience
- Minimum education requirement can be met through relevant years of experience in the field
- Knowledge of laws governing the Purchasing Function
- Business Acumen
- Basic understanding of manufacturing process
- Computer PC literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and excel or equivalent
- MRP/ERP systems knowledge required, preferably JD Edwards
- Minimum 3 years Purchasing experience or 3-5 years related experience in a production or distribution environment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and basic financial documents
- APICS Certification (CPIM, etc)
- NAPM/ISM Certification (CPM)
- Knowledge of the Concrete Placement, Refuse Industries or Truck and Trailer Industry
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices
- Basic understanding of various commodity groups preferred: Hydraulics, Electrical, Raw Materials, Plastics
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage after 30 days of employment
- Fantastic opportunities for career advancement
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 16 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.