STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Buyers in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania.
Responsible for the procurement of goods and services from a class or family of suppliers in direct support of manufacturing operations, and strategic metrics. Primary contact with suppliers in the areas of supplier performance, engineering change implementation, flow of material, inventory control, and disposition of non-conforming goods on a given commodity team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify areas of risk and implement mitigation processes based on supplier’s performance
- Work with global vendors to implement continuous improvements and new technologies.
- Resolve delivery issues such as delays, short orders, material discrepancies, and quality issues.
- Manage daily purchasing activity with key production suppliers.
- Utilize lean processes for internal department improvements and external supplier improvements. Value Stream Map, 8D, PDCA, 5S, Kaizen.
- Best-in-class procurement – improve and manage processes, standards, and metrics
- Strategic planning of suppliers and parts based on forecasted variances.
- Evaluate and adjust planning strategies based on changing market conditions
- Provide feedback to manufacturing and purchasing management concerning potential problems that could affect manufacturing operations.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action for critical shortage items.
- Collaborate with materials and logistics to optimize inventory management
- Partner with category management team on key supplier issues.
- Work with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices and directly with vendors to resolve invoice disputes
- Lead supplier performance discussions during business reviews.
- Collaborate with leadership to create a yearly personal development plan focusing on Oshkosh core competencies and career growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Internship experience
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.