BuyersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Buyers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
In this role, you will be a valuable part of our materials team, ensuring our production quotas are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest standards of safety and quality. You’ll schedule and coordinate the efficient distribution of products in order to satisfy demand, analyze and revise shipment plans as required, and work with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction and accuracy of shipment records.
You’ll also determine reorder points and ensure that sufficient levels of inventory are maintained; analyze actual product demand, trends, and forecasts; and adjust inventory plans accordingly. Apply and implement lean practices to manage materials and schedule orders for least total product cost. Reconcile discrepancies leading to inventory inaccuracy such as receiving errors, packing slip errors, BOM errors, misuse, etc. Able to set up all aspects of a new supply chain for new products when released.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. We are uniquely positioned as the only terminal tractor manufacturer that actually operates its own equipment. We operate the largest terminal tractor fleet in North America. We understand what it takes for terminal tractors to perform in the
toughest of conditions, day after day.
- Coordinate and manage supply base with regards to: delivery, expediting, purchase orders, inventory, invoicing/pricing/receiving discrepancies (un-matched receipts, supplier payment system, etc.), packaging, ongoing programs, and other related functions
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between suppliers and/or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities through MRP system. Assists management in resolving external and internal supply chain related issues and manages Lean improvement projects within the plant supply chain
- Monitor PO’s to ensure they have shipped on time and follow-up with a supplier if they are late. When there is a delay, determine the severity level for tracking the shipment and if air freight is needed to avoid impacting the customer
- Tracks supplier delivery performance and establishes corrective/recovery plans as needed
- Maintain proper inventory levels based on current inventory, historical usage, and forecast demand
- Executes/tracks Engineering Change Notices to minimize excess stock and meet customer demands Assumes special assignments as directed by the Director of Materials
- Resolve supplier packaging problems
- Coordinate cycle count activities for assigned parts
- Must set up and maintain planning parameters within the MRP system such as lead time, minimum on hand, order multiples, and days of supply, as well as supplier price breaks Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining transportation of outbound trucks to specified customers as well as inbound transportation of all products and goods purchased by TICO
- Research to ensure the best rates are being used for both inbound materials, and outbound shipments to our customers.
- Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks, and service agreements. Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistic processes
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ work related experience in Material Planning/Purchasing Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- High degree of interpersonal skills, and strong oral and written communication skills required with all departments and levels.
- Apply and use MRP system to provide scheduling and planning solutions for internal and external production operations.
- Integrate software and applications with lean practices to provide a scheduling solution for all customers.
- Implement and manage technical and lean solutions in the internal and external supply chain.
- Setting up and maintaining logistics contracts for both inbound and outbound materials. Math and blueprint reading skills.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shift. Good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to participate in Lean principles and continuous improvement activities.
Excellent Benefit Package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance with TICO contributions towards premiums
- Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance – TICO 100% sponsored
- Medical tax saving account options: FSA or HSA
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurances: Voluntary Life, Disability, Accident, Cancer through Aflac.
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid Vacation available in 6 months
- Paid 7 Holidays
- Free Membership to Tickets at Work
- TICO sponsored uniforms
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s
reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. Manufacturing Facility in Ridgeland, SC. TICO is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies, and exceeding customer expectations. Our vision is to have the most competent workforce available. We are proud to provide
excellence in our products and invite you to join our team.
- SAFETY: Follow TICO General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in
line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of TICO. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product safety, quality, deliver, cost, processes and company profitability.
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of TICO and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.