CAE EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring CAE Engineers in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
- This key position will apply world-class analysis models that simulate customer usage using computer-based tools.
- Provide analysis that conforms to established analytical guidelines standardized work and standardized tools.
- Remain current on new analysis techniques and application.
- Support new product and current product teams with analysis to deliver product development and the design review process.
- Performs structural analysis utilizing linear statics dynamics non-linear statics contact modal parametric and non-parametric optimization and fatigue analysis techniques.
- Data Analysis
- Has developed tools to efficiently reduce summarize test data in charts plots and diagrams for purposes of design analysis.
- Has analyzed test data in both time and frequency domain.
- Regularly provides error bounds statistical analysis and/or annotation to test results.
- Engineering Calculations
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of engineering calculations and regularly applies them to design problems and references calculations in reports and analysis guides.
- Can quickly recall and demonstrate engineering calculations during design reviews to provide decision ready information.
- Develops equation-based spreadsheets programs or scripts that are considered best practice for the design and analysis community.
- Fatigue Analysis Demonstrates a broad understanding of fatigue concepts and equations as well as how manufacturing processes will affect fatigue life.
- Performs FEA-based fatigue analysis with load time-histories acquired from physical testing.
- Collaborates with test lab personnel to demonstrate fatigue-life correlation between analytical models and physical testing.
- Linear Dynamics Analysis
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain modal correlation as a basis for modal-superposition dynamics problems.
- Performs forced-response dynamics analysis on parts assemblies and systems by applying load acceleration or displacement data from physical testing.
- Structural Optimization
- Performs structural optimization regularly and collaborates with designers project leads and Styling to establish analysis-driven design starting points.
- Uses VOC input and demonstrates the ability to optimize space-claims design spaces to be used as engineering targets to the design community.
- Performs optimization on complex parts assemblies and systems including bolted joint boundaries welded joints and contact surfaces.
- Project Management Understands project management tools and principles in topics such as requirements scheduling risk and issues budget and metrics through training and experience.
- Efficiently executes prescribed project management processes with minimal coaching
- This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- Masters Degree in Engineering preferred.
- In addition candidate should have the following experience: Finite Element Analysis Demonstrates high efficiency in meshing complex parts assemblies systems and full-vehicles while providing a deep understanding of the analysis results to design staff program teams and leadership.
- Track record of influencing steering and optimizing designs that have resulted in successful product launches.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.