CFM Production Managers
CFM Production ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring CFM Production Managers in Miami, Florida.
This position will be an integral part of the Clients leadership team and will establish a culture of compliance, safety and quality throughout the CFM56 operations. The CFM56 Production Manager (PM) is responsible and accountable for operational demands, budget, performance, quality, and continuous improvement including Process Improvement Initiatives (PII’s), for the CFM56 engine shop and will lead a team of 25+ aviation professionals.
- Ensure an efficient, safe, and compliant daily operation.
- Ability to improve quality, efficiency, and competitiveness of products and services.
- Lead the departmental activities advocating company objectives and providing leadership to the CFM product line.
- Support world class engine maintenance standards that will place company as the engine maintenance provider of choice within the industry.
- Must understand and manage the Operating Plan for his/her assigned area being both responsible and accountable to meet the Operating budget.
- Must lead and drive the implementation of improvement projects such as Lean, Six Sigma, and 5S.
- Mentor and develop all assigned personnel and will have leadership accountability of those within his/her assigned area.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the goals, performance issues, training plans, and career development of the people assigned to the department.
- PM will be required to develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety conscious environment that results in employee safety and well-being and will be responsible and accountable for all personal safety plans, and maintaining a safe working environment for all employees as well as ensuring safety and compliance standards are maintained.
- Responsible for answering / participating in all audits and responses and accountable for the compliance of his/her assigned area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- You will be Directly in Charge per FAR 145.3 and must be certificated per FAR Part 65.
- You must have previous supervisory experience. Candidates should be highly motivated, self-directed, proactive, and can work under pressure and time constraints.
- Candidates must have aircraft/engine maintenance and/or engineering experience.
- Must possess a good understanding of an MRO operation and possess the ability to manage from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Candidate must have flexibility and stamina in order to sustain long working hours in a constantly changing environment.
- Qualified candidates should be able to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels (written and verbal).
- In addition, strong leadership skills and the ability to provide an atmosphere in which personnel are self-motivated to perform as required.
- Must be able, and have the desire, to manage and measure work and drive decisions based upon data.
- Incumbent must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent proven work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to lead cultural change that supports greater employee ownership and accountability in the operation is required.
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance operations as performed in a shop environment is preferred.
- Should have a good working knowledge of administrative actions tools regarding personnel practices.
- Should have demonstrated cross functional leadership and team building skills.
- Should have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be an agent of change and strong supporter of Lean, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification strongly desired
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.