Chief Aircraft Inspectors
Chief Aircraft InspectorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Chief Aircraft Inspectors in Columbus, Ohio.
To ensure the repair stations operations are conducted in accordance with the pertinent FAA Regulations, client’s Quality Manual/Procedures, Customer Air Carrier Requirements and is designated with final airworthiness determination.
- The Chief Inspector will have the final airworthiness authority for the release, as airworthy, of the units the repair station is rated to repair and maintain
- Responsible for ensuring all articles delivered to and maintained by the repair station are properly recorded and staged from receipt to delivery in their airworthy/serviceable condition
- Managing and delegating to the repair stations inspection staff ensuring the quality and production needs are maintained
- Perform, and have oversight of inspection personnel/activity, including Preliminary, Hidden Damage, In-Progress and Final inspections/RTS of aircraft articles processed by the Repair Station and assuring proper recording of results
- Ensure compliance with pertinent FAA regulations, manufacturer’s technical data/approved supplements, RSM/QCM and customer requirements
- Report all quality related issues to the QA Manager as soon as the Facility Manager is advised and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Confirm that all equipment being maintained by the repair station is on the Capabilities List, the proper data is available and in use, the staff is properly trained and all records of work/release are complete/accurate
- Perform duties delegated by Quality Assurance Manager
- Directly responsible for the compliance with the FAA Approved training program manual; including indoctrination, initial, recurrent, ongoing, semi-annual, and specialized training
- Ensure any applicable Airworthiness Directive are posted and are being used and verify compliance with all other supplements, approvals, requirements
- Submit reports of defect or un-airworthy condition to the “Service Difficulty Reports”
- Assume all duties and responsibilities detailed in the RSQCM to include; calibration program, shelf life program, internal auditing, BER/scrap, work turn over, suspected unapproved parts, salvage parts program and incoming goods
- Performing semi-annual internal audit of the repair station and any approved contractors
- Coordinate with station manager inspection requirements
- Ensure and assist in all areas of the Safety Program and Zero Harm Program to ensure that they are fully enforced and by all client employees
- Provide feedback/suggestion to improve customer satisfaction
- Communicate with customers and regulatory agencies during audits or visits
- Ensure system security of our FAA approved electronic recordkeeping system regarding their area/s of responsibility
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Overseeing the quality of products in accordance with monthly budgeted production goals
- Maintaining quality standard in accordance with the regulations, customer requirements and internal procedure
- Establishing a quality and compliance system which will result in no major audit finding;
- Equipment rejection rates shall be at 98% or higher
- Maintaining positive MTTR
- Contributing to positive MOP by controlling wastes
- Enforcing the client Zero Harm Culture and goals
- Current A&P required
- Inspection experience required
- Corporate/ GA experience doing maintenance required
- 5+ years of overall aviation exp required
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Technical Services family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.