Chief Electrical Engineers
Chief Electrical EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Chief Electrical Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
The Chief Systems Engineer will lead and collaborate with a world class team of cross-functional engineers, product marketing, and other key stakeholders in utilizing Systems Engineering approaches to enable efficient development of innovative electric power tool and equipment systems. You will support the development and refinement of lightweight tools and processes for execution of system engineering practices within an agile, high-velocity product development environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build, manage, and motivate a world class team of cross functional engineers and project managers in engineering best practices to deliver new-to-world solutions.
- Manage and lead a large team of electrical engineers in the designing, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting of embedded electronics for a variety of projects.
- Define and maintain system architectures including hardware and firmware interfaces, configuration management, etc.
- Negotiate, define, and maintain electronic technology and platform roadmaps enabling product roadmaps defined by product marketing.
- Lead system requirements definition and documentation from voice of customer, business, and regulation.
- Collaborate on the development of system verification and validation strategies.
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Grow the team to increase project capacity while maintaining exemplary performance.
- Identify new innovations and strategic opportunities while considering financial impact and competitiveness.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down, and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project cost and metrics that meet the organization’s needs.
- Champion and drive new processes and procedures to meet the needs of a changing business.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Develop plans to evaluate and assess the emerging technology market space to fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives and development.
- Define overall product design strategies, common architectures, and shared design building blocks across multiple products/projects.
- Provide strong technical design guidance related to embedded electronics design and best practices to the organization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of highly successful experience in systems engineering, embedded systems, power electronics, or related field.
- Experience with systems thinking and applying the systems approach to engineered systems.
- 5+ years of team leadership experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestically and internationally).
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or MBA preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.