Chief Engineers (Heavy Duty Vehicles)
Chief Engineers (Heavy Duty Vehicles)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Chief Engineers in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall technical execution of the Heavy Tactical Vehicles/Common Tactical Truck (CTT) program. This position works closely with the CTT Program Manager to define the product strategy, roadmap and vision to ensure the CTT product is delivered within cost and schedule constraints.
- Guiding and directing all engineering teams (e.g. hardware, software, systems, specialties) to achieve program and technical success
- Provide technical leadership in architecture definition and trades, requirements analysis, CONOPs, algorithms, interface definition, hardware and software design, procurement, integration, validation and verification
- Provide engineering authority to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance, and system functionality
- Creating technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Communicating status, results, and recovery plans (if needed) to senior and executive management
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Partner with the Program Manager to ensure flawless program execution
- Partner with IPTs to establish and report engineering metrics/TPMs and provide engineering-approved inputs for EACs and/or proposals, as needed
- Partner with chief engineers at all levels and centers to ensure appropriate engineering staff
- Supporting new business development efforts through leading and writing proposals
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Occasional travel to Europe may be required
- Undertake other duties as determined by the Engineering Director or his/her delegate
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems)
- MS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems), desired
- Minimum 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience in delivering large complex US Defense programs
- Familiarity with the US DoD ground vehicle requirements.
- Previous experience with vehicle design, development, and manufacturing
- Open architecture software development or implementation
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering and/or Digital Engineering
- Experience with requirements allocation and verification
- Experience in a technical leadership role of a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Experience organizing and leading technical reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TIMs)
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Experience in writing proposal tech volume, cost volume, and/or management volume
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires an U.S. Security Clearance
- Applied working knowledge with a proven track record of delivery from concept to series production
- Experience of working in a multi-national, multi-organizational and corporate environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Military Standards and regulations.
- Active Secret Clearance, desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and be able to assimilate complex instructions easily. Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to establish productive relationships. Superior consultation, diplomacy, influencing and negotiating skills is required. Must possess the ability to explain complex concepts in a way that makes sense to someone less knowledgeable about the topic.
- Strategic Thinking and Decisive Judgment: Must demonstrate an enthusiasm to engage with and support overseas colleagues to ensure all staff have the information and opportunity to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Teamwork: Must promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across the organization and its external service providers. Must be tactful, diplomatic, and work with integrity, honesty, and respect for others.
- Client Oriented: Must display exceptional listening and analytical skills in order to understand client concerns and needs with the ability to respond promptly and effectively to those needs.
- Leadership: Shall support and encourage performance by motivating individuals and teams to achieve high performance. Will clarify and define the goals and strategies of the organization and successfully communicate this to all. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to work effectively with the US team, suppliers, customer, and corporate parent staff.
- Drive for Results: High level of self-motivation and standards with the ability to multi-task; balancing “analysis” with “doing”. Must be adaptable and able to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Work on own initiative.
- US Project Team
- Engineers and Management
- Director Engineering
- Vehicle System Division Purchase and Project Management Team and broader Corporate Team as required.
- PEO GCS, NGCV CFT, US Program Team(s), US Army TACOM, US Army TARDEC
- Third party contractors
- Commercial Partners
- Testing Centre
- Validation / Qualification Institutes
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.