STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Cloud Architects in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Harley-Davidson is building our Cloud COE to enable business growth by delivering cloud capabilities for both on premise and cloud-based applications and platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to help H-D build core cloud competencies, drive a strategic roadmap, and lead to the evolution of our Cloud Center of Excellence.
In the Solution Integration Lead role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be responsible for the architecture, design, delivery, and support of H-D’s cloud platforms that will include Azure, AWS, and IBM clouds.
- Be accountable for leading the architecture, design, configuration, standardization, and implementation governance of technical solutions across multiple global functional business areas to support our “HARDWIRE” growth campaign.
- Provide effective solution designs to meet system strategies, capabilities, and technologies, to respond to current and future business requirements.
- Ensure that solutions are integrated end-to-end and validate those solutions and its touch points to ensure technology meets stated Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Mentor and guide staff on cloud technologies and help with organization growth in these areas.
- Cloud Service Design
- Build, improve, and perhaps reimagine platform capabilities and services while addressing a variety of technical needs & issues including automation/self-service, security concerns around identity & access, data protection, CICD security, high availability, monitoring, scalability, self-healing, and effective cost postures
- Lead in the execution and development of key projects and initiatives. Examples may include IaaS automation, cost management, security auto-remediation, IAM role, and policy management
- Accountable for the cloud service offering model design documentation.
- Accountable for verifying that cloud service model meets appropriate compliance/governance requirements.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes. Ensure that all that can be automated is automated.
- Designs and develops features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms
- Help formulate and build a cloud awareness and training program for existing staff Drive roadmap for cloud adoption in these server and storage technology areas
Core Platform Design Responsibilities:
- Complete technical designs for information systems, ranging from high level conceptual designs to detailed technical specifications.
- Lead various technical, infrastructure and application efforts and initiatives.
- Manage and execute system/application installation, patching, rollouts, releases and upgrades ensuring technical standards and strategies are being followed.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of technical specifications produced by external resources contributing to H-D technology projects and perform quality assurance reviews of the work product of developers to ensure compliance with the design specifications.
- Recommend design changes to production systems in response to changing business process, capacity, risks, and performance requirements.
- Partners closely with respective control owners to implement security, operational, compliance and privacy related controls as part of Cloud blueprints and automation of CICD pipelines.
- Collaborate with design engineering and service management teams to ensure operational acceptance of all new services and technology following ITIL methodologies
- Provide guidance and direction for backup and recovery, virtualization, performance, automation, capacity planning, and disaster recovery
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Information Systems is preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- Azure or AWS Associate/Architect level certifications
- Experience implementing or leading cloud orchestration and automation with hands on experience in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, and delivering application solutions for enterprise level development and integration projects.
- Proven knowledge in architecting the deployment of Microsoft’s Azure or AWS services
- Experience in automation, configuration management and deployment of enterprise scale infrastructures using Ansible, Terraform or ARM
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in designing, building and supporting multi-regional IaaS/PaaS solutions on Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments and scripting languages – bash, python, Ruby, Powershell, etc.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration software platforms Docker, Docker Registry, Kubernetes, etc.
- Sound understanding of Identity & Access Management
- Strong experience in, and orientation toward, solution design and structured system development methodologies.
- Experience coordinating design activities and deliverables across a technology project or program utilizing Agile software development practice
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing other personnel in design and delivery roles
- Hands on experience with MS Windows/Linux setup, configuration, patching and upgrades
- Proven track record of performance tuning, capacity planning, and backup/recovery strategy
- Mastery of traditional or cloud computing including Networking, Compute, Storage, Development, Data, Operations, or Security
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Infra as Code concepts and tooling including Ansible, Terraform, Python, JSON, or YAML
- Experience with modern development and scripting languages (Python, Golang, JS, .Net Core)
- Experience with Azure PaaS BC/DR/Multi-region/Global Deployments
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.