STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Cloud Engineers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
As a Cloud Orchestration Engineer, your role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment, and operations of cloud & hybrid infrastructure solutions through automation and orchestration. The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of distributed systems, infrastructure, automation, and SaaS-based release models. You have experience working to automate, deploy and manage services and applications with orchestration and automation tools. The ideal individual for this role enjoys digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into our platform.
How You Can Make A Difference:
- Design, build, maintain, and drive automation of cloud infrastructure platforms using best practices and principles of “Infrastructure as Code”
- Work with the development teams to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management and release management
- Design and implement automation for common operational tasks
- Participate in key decisions on automation improvements and optimization opportunities, by evaluating, reviewing, and recommending various automation tools and frameworks.
- Build and maintain administration guides and process documents
- Ensure availability, reliability, security, and scalability of different environments (Production, Staging, Lab, Etc.) to meet business requirements
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to management and technical resources in clear concise language
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in Software Development, Information Technology, or in a related area.
Qualifications We’d Love For You To Have:
- Passionate about working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure
- Experience with continuous integration and related tools such as Jenkins Pipelines, Git, GitHub, Helm, Skaffold etc
- Experience with technologies such as Kubernetes, networking, load balancers, database, monitoring, virtualization, storage, encryption, configuration management, application and system provisioning
- Experience with IT automation tools like Terraform, Packer, Vault, Cloudify, Ansible, PowerShell, Python, Puppet, Chef or other scripting languages and configuration languages such as YAML/JSON
- Experience implementing high-scale cloud architectures using modern, cloud-based container platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
- Experience working collaboratively with application, product, and IT teams to support development and software delivery
- Familiarity with Information Security and Governance industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., NIST, CMMC)
- Physical Demands: Frequent Sitting, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Manual Dexterity; Seldom Standing, Walking/Running, Reaching, Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Fine Dexterity, Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion, and Lifting/Carrying and Pushing/Pulling up to 40lbs.
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.