CNC Machine Operators
CNC Machine OperatorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring CNC Machine Operators in Lansing, Michigan.
The CNC Mill Setup Operator Sets up and operates computer numerical control (CNC) Mill machines to perform machine functions such as boring, facing, and threading parts of metallic work pieces such as castings, forgings and bar stock.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities:
- Edit programs on CNC machines, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, basic geometry, and basic trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Assists in setting-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Machine Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Minimum of three years CNC Machining experience
- Must be able to perform your own set-ups
- Proficient in 3 axis & 5-axis machining
- Comfortable with machining multiple types of metal
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.