STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring CNC Machinists in Atlanta, Georgia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of production management, the CNC Machinist will produce or repair precision Aircraft parts using both manual and CNC equipment, accurate measurement tools and portable coordinate measuring equipment.
- Plans machining operation by studying work orders, engineering orthographic drawings, engineering work instructions, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters interpreting geometric Imperial, SI dimensions base on ANSI and ISO standards and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills, router and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers and offsets, compensation, and conditional switches, calculating requirements including basic math (geometry, and trigonometry) proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills, Routers, lathes and grinders by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers. Indicating vices, machining fixtures and tramming machine heads
- Verifies settings and programs by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces adhering to DFP standards.
- Maintains part specifications by observing machining operations.
- Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the machining process, taking measurements, detecting program error and malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls.
- Adheres to DFP quality assurance procedures and processes specifications.
- Maintains equipment by completing instructed preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s and DFP instructions. Troubleshooting malfunctions and reporting to management any needed equipment repairs.
- Sharpens and replaces worn tools.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in job turnovers. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (offsite / off-shift training) and continuous self-improvement through trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests (cross training), exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Comply with lean manufacturing principles and work with leads and supervisors to explore and implement best practices in the manufacturing process.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to DFP safety procedures and regulations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or equivalent, completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset.
- Proven experience as Machinist with formal training setting up and running Mills, Routers, Lathes, and Grinders.
- High level of manual dexterity and detail orientation
- Ability to use precision measuring and portable coordinate measuring equipment tools to take accurate measurements.
- Able to manufacture aircraft interior parts and assemblies in accordance with released data.
- Knowledge of CNC G&M Code manual input for machine controls.
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or CNC automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.).
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, schematics, engineering orders, and technical manuals. Able to read and understand Delta, Boeing and Airbus process and material specifications
- Proficient in math and analytical abilities (to include but not limited to Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry)
- Good oral and written communication skills; able to read, comprehend and create written and verbal instructions in the English language
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.