CNC Mill Operators
CNC Mill OperatorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is gearing up to hire CNC Mill Operators in Detroit, Michigan.
Note: A per diem option will be available, though these positions are not active yet. What we are asking from candidates is to share their resume with us (you can do that directly on this page) for very-near-future consideration. With excellent rates and benefits being offered, this position will close fast, so be sure to submit your resume today.
The CNC Mill Operator will sets up and operates computer numerical control (CNC) Mill machines to perform machine functions such as boring, facing, and threading parts of metallic workpieces such as castings, forgings and bar stock.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development… we want you!
CNC Mill Operator Responsibilities:
- Edit programs on CNC machines, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, basic geometry, and basic trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Assists in setting-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Mill Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Minimum of three years CNC Machining experience
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining our family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions about this job or the benefits that come with it? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.