Coatings Development Engineers
Coatings Development EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Coatings Development Engineers in Whitehall, Michigan.
Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
The Development Engineer opening is located in our Research and Development Center in Whitehall, MI. The person in this role will be expected to:
- Develop new high-temperature coating systems to meet customer needs and advance coating capabilities in offering thermal and/or environmental protection.
- Work closely with production coating facilities to support existing coating technologies, including Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD), and slurry-based coating technologies.
- Design and conduct experimental trials in R&D and production environments.
- Analyze results to understand coating microstructure, performance, and failure mechanisms.
- Drive new technologies from idea, through pilot trials, to full production implementation.
- Prepare written reports and presentations to share findings and document process knowledge.
- M.S. degree in Materials Science, Metallurgy, Ceramics, or a related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of development engineering or R&D experience in industry or academia
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or Ceramics
- 3-5 years related experience as a post-doc and/or in industrial research and development
- Experience with developing, producing, and/or testing high-temperature coatings for thermal and/or environmental protection
- Experience working with and to customer specifications, especially in the aerospace industry
- Experience in process development including use of designed experiments
- Experience in project management from idea generation to implementation with limited supervision
- Strong analytical and data processing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized and able to work in a team environment
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.