STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Commercial Drivers in San Francisco, California.
The Driver is a key partner in managing the day to day business at the repair station and ensure smooth and efficient delivery and drop off of serviceable aviation equipment. The Driver’s key roles include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pick up and deliver freight to and from the airport in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
- Hook and unhook trailers; secure freight; install and remove tire chains as required by weather, tarp and un-tarp freight if operating flatbeds.
- Load and unload trailers and perform lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying freight.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects/repairs to Station Manager/Supervisor.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Forklift Certification
- General knowledge of aviation regulations
- One year previous tractor/trailer driving experience
- Knowledge of all applicable DOT Regulations and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Meet all standards (medical, safety, etc.) required by DOT and pass required drug/alcohol test Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral English
- Flexible, agile, adaptable and self-motivated
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Some weekend and evening coverage will be required from time to time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with computers Critical Competencies for Performance Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.