STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Commodity Managers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work and 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop sourcing strategy, source, plan, and select suppliers to meet objects and timelines of projects
- Develop, recommend and coordinate purchasing objectives, including cost reduction, new and existing source development, on-time delivery, improved quality, enhanced vendor services and improved supplier interest
- Lead supplier negotiations on pricing, delivery and quality for all production material
- Research markets to uncover new sources to stimulate competition and bring forward new technology as well as innovative products.
- Maintain appropriate records of communication with suppliers regarding commitments of price and delivery
- Obtain quotations as a basis for negotiating contracts
- Manage and be cognitive of all communication between company and suppliers of assigned commodities.
- Develop working professional relationships with suppliers, and key stake holders to include Engineering, Operations, Finance and within GPSC within North America and globally.
- Resolve discrepancies and disputes regarding invoices in a timely, cost effective manner and complete Engineering Change Notices according to processes.
- Conduct all business within company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of commodity technology, the supply base and market trends.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 plus years of related experience
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) (preferred)
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-359-4787. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.