STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Commodity Managers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The Commodity Manager role is a senior level position within the supply chain category management and new product development functions. The Commodity Manager engages in advanced data gathering, analytics and manipulation. The position frequently uses internal and external data to provide category usage, trends and company/customer supply chain impact. The position regularly conducts benchmarking, market intelligence and supply base research to identify and capture value for the business. The position leads one or more spend categories, and may be a working leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data gathering and manipulation.
- Subject matter expert on spend category.
- Frequent use of data analytics tools to conduct spend and category data analytics.
- Advanced and independent critical thinking to formulate business cost/value opportunities within category/commodity.
- Knowledge of suppliers and supply markets.
- Knowledge of supplier relationships management & engagement
- Understanding for supply market trends and how they impact the business.
- Solid engineering and technical drawings understanding and technical grammar.
- Responsible for part taxonomy.
- Understands category and connection of the global marketplace.
- Manages supplier engagement, preferencing and LTA/contracting strategies.
- Identifies and communicates and manages supply chain risk.
- Leads the validation and governance of category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
- Advanced understanding of sourcing process/procedures; supports and may lead strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Leads through influence. Utilizes project management to lead and coordinate programs from concept through launch, and may lead or participant on council.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- 5-plus years of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to influence/motivate others
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.