STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Compliance Specialists in Melbourne, Florida.
This temporary position will support the Compliance Department further Compliance Culture by assisting in the development of solutions, identifying appropriate resources and providing guidance required to ensure effectiveness of Compliance Program as it relates to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other laws, regulations and internal policies applicable to the company’s core activities and the delivery of its products, information and services.
Compliance Specialist Responsibilities:
- Work at the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer and the Director of Compliance and in close coordination with Empowered Officials to assist in enhancing the company’s global compliance program, including with respect to business conduct, anti-corruption and trade sanctions
- Support, as required, the trade compliance team members with various tasks
- Assist in creating, administering and improving an effective EECP across the group companies
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, processes, procedures, work instructions business-wide through training programs, and formal and informal communications to ensure compliance with the ITAR, EAR, FCPA, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations and other applicable laws and regulations
- Assist in integrating compliance functions and activities throughout all business units in order to achieve efficiency and manage risks
- Assist with internal compliance training, self-assessments, internal and external audits, and developing and maintaining associated databases, reports and related documents
- Assist with the development/improvement/maintenance of tools that facilitate compliance efforts
- Review, approve and provide guidance related to foreign travel and visitors
- Support regulatory operational activities of EAH, its subsidiaries and SA, its subsidiaries and related companies
- Assist with and provide guidance related to export and imports of civilian and military aircraft and aircraft-related parts, information and services to ensure compliance with the EAR, the ITAR, ATF and other applicable laws and regulations where the group companies do business
- Perform regular self-assessments/internal audits to identify, report and correct any potential Import/ Export Compliance concerns
- Support investigations by conducting the fact finding
- Assist in the creation of control plans to ensure compliance, monitoring for changes to requirements, identifying areas of non-compliance, and implementing and tracking actions to restore compliance
- Maintain all required records and/or assist/guide other business units with record keeping practices
- Obtain and/or assist functional teams with obtaining the necessary information to prepare, monitor and/or implement export /import authorizations, registrations with DDTC, other supporting documents from/to suppliers or vendors, attorneys, government representatives, etc.
- Interface with internal/external customers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, customs officers, government representatives and various functional areas to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of the operation
- Prepare Agreement/License documents and forms and/or provide the necessary guidance to functional areas to gather the information and approvals/signatures for all the required documents
- Assist with researching, documenting and communicating routine compliance-related issues
- Assist with and promote compliance-related communications
- Coordinate with Management and HR the appropriate approach and disciplinary actions in case of a Compliance breach
- Conduct reviews of each part of the Compliance program to determine its effectiveness
- Assist in investigating and resolving compliance issues including those that may arise out of the helpline channel
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Generally 2-4 years of experience or more providing support related to ITAR, EAR, FCPA, CBP, BATFE and other laws, regulations and government agencies;
- Experience with international customs regulations and trading practices in Latin America;
- Knowledge of OFAC a plus;
- Experience with Trade Compliance Practices in Europe and Asia;
- Practical experience working with privacy matters.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.