Composites TechnicianSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Composites Technicians in New Hudson, Michigan.
Composites Technician is responsible for all aspects of manufacturing laminated composite parts using a wide range of methods for a variety of applications. Technician will cut materials mix resin laminate trim and finish components. Candidates for this position should have work experience manufacturing laminate composite parts. This position requires operating common hand tools a strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail. The candidate will execute the requirements of the work orders and process components accordingly in a highly professional manner. The candidate should have the ability to check his/her own work and be very detail oriented to ensure a world class product as well as meet deadlines and document progress. The candidate must also be dependable time conscious and work efficiently to achieve department goals on a weekly basis with minimal supervision. In this position the technician will frequently work with a small team of Engineers Assembly Technicians Fabricators Designers and Mechanics to manufacture customer goods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing materials for lay-up including core fabric and vacuum bag processing materials
- Laminating composite parts
- Trimming composite parts with common hand tools grinders saws cut-off wheel etc.
- Ability to interface with other departments to accomplish tasks
- Ability to use Windows based computers email general software
- Must follow instructions precisely and consistently in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Able to learn new skills and methods quickly
- Able to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Work safely to comply with all business expectations
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have composites or carbon fiber experience
- Hands-on mechanical skills including the ability to use all common hand tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage his/her own time to achieve deadlines and continually maintain and improve workspace
- Previous experience with any composite manufacturing processes wet lay-up prepreg RTM ect.
- Ability to read blueprints -Basic computer knowledge e.g. Microsoft office
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred prior experience in an ISO quality environment Pratt Miller is a product development company in motorsports defense and mobility industries providing clients with product engineering and low-volume production solutions.
- Be a team player
- Have great attention to detail bull Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be reliable with reliable mode of transportation
- Have excellent mechanical ability and likes to work with their hands
- Strong work ethic and pride in their workmanship
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and stand most of the day while working 40 hour work week
- Day shift with overtime paid as worked
- Day Shift 6:30 am work start time M-F
- Must be flexible with schedule to accommodate fixed deadlines sometimes working Saturday and or Sunday
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.