STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Contract Managers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Manage, control, monitor and maintain cost, schedule and performance requirements and objectives under assigned government contracts. Ensure that submitted proposals are meeting Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and customer/government specifications/regulations. Perform contract negotiations within management guidelines and provide guidance and contract interpretation to several internal Oshkosh departments to support successful execution of the contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate proposals to ensure contract requirements are adequately defined and documented.
- Identify contract risks, and make recommendations to mitigate or eliminate such risks.
- Organize and perform administrative and management functions required for timely and compliant contract performance.
- Assemble information for submission to government and Oshkosh management related on engineering changes, proposals, contract modifications, price proposals, formal correspondence and shipping documents.
- Work in liaison with corporate departments and government to assist in resolving contract or schedule problems.
- Ensure that contract activities are in full compliance with legal/governmental requirements (Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Defense Contract Audit Agency).
- Maintain the Contract Control Record, monitor DD250 forms and DD1149 forms prior to submission to government to ensure invoicing and product shipment.
- Assist with preparation of additional data or correspondence as may be required by management or the provisions of the contract.
- Interpret contract language and disseminate to company personnel.
- Conduct price negotiations with the Government.
- Analyze and review reports to ensure that costs, schedule, and performance under assigned government or company programs are being controlled and managed within established guidelines.
- Interact with Government Contract Officers (Procurement Contract Officer and Administrative Contract Officer), Subcontractors, and other company representatives.
- Supervise, develop and mentor respective direct reports in the areas of compliance and contractual procedures and on implementing best practices for contract management.
- Present a professional image of Oshkosh to U.S. agencies and foreign governments.
- Principle points of contact for all contract management related matters on assigned programs.
- Represent Oshkosh at key contract performance review and customer briefings.
- Requires travel to customer locations (domestic) and may require travel to a war risk zone country
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 6 plus years of experience in government contracts
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Master’s degree
- CFCM (Certified Federal Contracts Manager), CCCM (Certified Commercial Contracts Manager), or CPCM (Certified Professional Contracts Manager) designations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment with very tight deadlines
- Flexibility to embrace change and adapt in a quickly changing environment
- Strong working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense supplement to FAR (DFAR), and Service Contract Act (SCA)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.