STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Group is hiring a Corporate Controller in Jensen Beach, Florida.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller is responsible for timely preparation of monthly and quarterly GAAP financial statements. This position reviews and approves general ledger account reconciliations, monitors and improves aspects of internal controls, policies and procedures, and assists in the coordination and preparation of the annual budget.
Nature of Work:
- Responsible for financial operations of the enterprise.
- Supervision of accounting staff.
- Exempt Salaried – Full Time Regular
- Leads and manages the shared services accounting staff, including general accounting, payroll cash accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Directs the monthly and quarterly close process, including the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports (GAAP) and all supporting documentation, including general ledger account reconciliations.
- Manage internal and external audits and ensures completeness of all documentation required for successful completion of annual audit.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid timely and accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Create and update cash flow projections.
- Assist in the development of financial and operational metrics appropriate for the organizations.
- Oversee staff development efforts via internal and external training. Ensure staff is current on new/enhanced technical knowledge and applications.
- Maintain a system of accountability and control over accounting transactions.
- Develop and implement the processes, procedures, systems, and financial controls that report and preserve the integrity and accuracy of the company’s financial data.
- Ensure compliance with applicable reporting, rules, and regulations (State, Federal, regulatory, FASB, etc.).
- Review and settle intercompany accounts at month-end.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process improvement, including active participation in system enhancements and testing.
- Train, Motivate, and Supervise accounting staff to complete their designated tasks.
- Ensure adequate controls and procedures.
- Develop metrics to aid in improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA designation or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of recent and relevant experience
General Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA):
- Strong leadership and management skills. Will be required to conduct timely and useful periodic coaching sessions with all team members. Ability to provide appropriate training to team members.
- Ability to translate financial statements from different currencies.
- Ability to analyze and own processes and controls, and propose process and control improvements. Essential to know the financial statements and understand results generated by the business.
- Ability to work in a shared services environment and partner with business process owners.
- Strong communication skills — ability and confidence to communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as within Finance Department.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects at once.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Exercises significant degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- This position will have access to all areas of financial information, including payroll. It is imperative that this individual maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Strong personal computer skills including extensive use of Excel and general ledger
- Experience with translation of financial statements
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
About STS Aviation Group:
Founded in 1986, STS Aviation Group is a one-stop service provider to the global aviation industry. With headquarters in Jensen Beach, Florida and offices around the world, STS delivers nose-to-tail solutions with unmatched results and expertise.
To learn more about STS Aviation Group and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.