Cost Accounting Managers
Cost Accounting ManagersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Cost Accounting Managers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
We are looking for an experienced upper-level cost or management accountant to fill the role of Cost Accounting Manager.
The Cost Accounting Manager will prepare/present detailed analytics on cost of sales, bill of materials and variances and lead meaningful conversations with department managers/senior division leaders regarding the financial performance of the departments/division. The Cost Accounting Manager will work closely with the controller to close.
- Execute month-end close process for ERP inventory module and prepare month-end inventory entries
- Review, report and provide commentary/analysis of costs against prior periods, plan, and latest forecast
- Assist in the completion of annual budgets and forecasts
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing and operational accounting such as developing cost standards for materials and labor, MRO purchasing and Capital Expenditures
- Proactively review inventory transactions throughout the month to identify and trouble shoot unusual transactions and variances before month end close
- Assist in preparation for annual audits including interacting with auditors and examiners
- Perform annual standard cost updates
- Ensure the accuracy of standard costs in the system
- Perform financial analysis on capital investments
- Work with inventory control team to monitor, track and improve the inventory count (cycle count) process and inventory accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
- MA in accounting with a minimum of 5 years’ hands on experience in a cost accounting management
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with monthly close processes
- Standard costing methodology required
- 5+ years of inventory cost accounting and supervisory experience
- Hands-on working knowledge of accounting for inventory
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
- Expertise in MX Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas)
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information
A competitive comprehensive benefits package will be offered based on the credentials and experience the successful candidate possesses. It includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, vacation, and paid holidays.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the job duties for this position. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.