STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Data Analysts in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
As a key member in the Advanced Data Analytics team, the Data Analyst will work with this and a cross-functional team to develop and execute the data analytics strategy and apply to Corporation products. Advanced Data Analytics wok encompasses the acquisition, processing and machine learning of engineering or service data and application to preventive maintenance and intelligent control of on or off-road vehicles.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with other team members to execute the data science and analytics strategy in cross-segment telematics and other Corporate Engineering efforts.
- Acquire necessary business understanding to conduct appropriate analysis through communication with internal experts, external partners, and industrial researchers.
- Discover, acquire, explore, prepare, assess and maintain datasets from a variety of sources to support analyses and ad-hoc investigative requests.
- Help identify valuable data sources and automate related tasks (ETL, reporting, etc.).
- Conduct data science and analytics work in a Big Data (Hadoop) ecosystem.
- Undertake the processing of structured and unstructured data. Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Use various machine learning algorithms to build most effective and useful models. Present information using data visualization techniques and chart/dashboard tools.
- Prepare and concisely deliver analysis results in visual and written forms that communicate data insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Recognize valuable problems requiring advanced analytical techniques to solve and help develop and investigate research strategies towards industrial solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or STEM or related field) and three (3) or more years of proven data-centric work experience; OR graduate degree in data science (or a related field with applicable work experience).
- Understand the general concepts of statistics, data mining, machine learning, data visualization, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, and computer vision.
- Strong proficiency with Python (Anaconda distribution) and SQL. Experience with other languages (Bash, R, Java, C++, Scala, etc.).
- Experience with big data tools and architectures, such as Cloudera/Apache Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Kudu, Impala, and Spark.
- Working knowledge of telematics interfaces and streaming solutions (MQTT, NiFi, Kafka, HBASE, etc.).
- Prior experience in industrial and/or manufacturing environments desired, and any experience with automotive or heavy duty on or off-road vehicles and controller area network (CAN) signals is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership and peers.
- Strongly motivated in learning new technologies and skills in data fields.
- Physical Demands: Frequent: Standing, Walking/Running, Sitting, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing; Occasional: Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.