Data Engineer & Analysis Liaison
Data Engineer & Analysis LiaisonSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Data Engineer & Analysis Liaison in Patuxent River, Maryland.
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
This position will serve as a Data Engineering and Analysis Liaison for the Atlantic Test Range (ATR) Telemetry Systems Branch’s Data Engineering and Analysis Section, providing project management and engineering support for flight test instrumentation, range, and real-time requirements and data collection, analysis, distribution, and archival to various aircraft platforms, primarily F-18 and T-45.
- Coordinate with NAWCAD Flight Test Engineers (FTEs) to identify real-time processing and display requirements for all aspects of flight test conduct.
- Provide guidance and advice to FTEs to ensure that appropriate sample rate, resolution, and range limits are selected during test program planning.
- Provide Data Lab support by collecting, transferring, processing, validating, distributing, and archiving flight test data recorded on test aircraft and received by telemetry at remote ground stations.
- Assist FTEs with designing, developing, managing configuration, validating, and maintaining real-time displays and derived algorithms for ATR telemetry room operation.
- Assist ATR personnel and FTEs with coordinating, configuring, validating, and operating the telemetry room for flight test events.
- Coordinate with aircraft manufacturers to obtain essential aircraft data bus and other aircraft data necessary to facilitate data collection and telemetry and onboard requirements.
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience performing the stated or similar functions is required.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- MATLAB analysis and scripting skills required.
- Experience in the development, testing, and implementation of data analysis computer systems and application programs highly desired.
- Knowledge of telemetry and onboard data (PCM, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429) and file (CH10, CH4, CH8) standards formats desired.
- Knowledge of general principles of various aircraft flight test disciplines is desired.
- Some travel and overtime will be required to support flight test operations, which may include overtime hours on late days and/or weekends, and travel for remote tests at both land- and sea-based locations.
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science).
- Current Secret clearance, and be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurance
- Tuition and Training Assistance Program
- Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile Phone Service Discounts
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Some work will be performed in aircraft hangar or ramp environments with associated physical requirements and risks. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.