Database Engineers (Level 2)
Database Engineers (Level 2)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Database Engineers in Stafford, Texas.
- The selected candidate will assist the Analytics team with supporting functional projects as a Data Engineer.
- They will work with program team members to meet customer deliverables, address defects, and work enhancement backlog.
- This position is a Data Engineer within our client’s Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) supporting Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS).
- The work location for this position is virtual.
- Exhibits a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness when collecting, and processing data for analysis while working as part of an Agile scrum team
- Applies and/or develops workflows that clean, transform and aggregate unorganized data into databases or data sources
- Responsible for collecting, ingesting, processing, and storing large datasets from a wide variety of data sources and stakeholders
- Maintain data systems performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases
- Collaborate with data architects and data analysts to develop solutions across the entire data processing pipeline
- US Citizenship
- Demonstrated experience with SAP HANA
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud technologies
- Demonstrated experience with ETL tools including SSIS, SLT, Data Services
- Demonstrated SQL experience in database modeling and data transformations
- Demonstrated experience using performance tuning and query optimization techniques
- Experience in data warehousing solutions
- Experience with the data lifecycle and can interpret and communicate the state of data throughout the processing pipeline
- Experience in Agile methodologies and tools
- Self-motivated with strong time management capabilities and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to document technical solutions in support of standards and best practices
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or other relevant area and 3+ years relevant experience as a BI/Data Engineer
- Experience with data analytics and/or visualization tools including SSRS or Tableau
- Experience with performance analysis of data warehouses and/or ETL processes including developing mitigation strategies
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/ Continuous Development practices
- Understanding of data governance, data security, and data quality
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.