STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Design Engineers in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Work, and 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
You will ensure the smooth flow of operations within the rear body production engineering department by optimizing engineering design for manufacturing process efficiency and effectiveness. Focus on minimizing number of parts in a product design to reduce cost, eliminate waste, and minimize opportunities for defects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design responsibility for assigned product areas, functions and offerings.
- Create engineering drawing, layout and schematic preparation utilizing 3D software.
- Create Bills of Material (BOM).
- Select materials for engineered parts.
- Apply dimensions and tolerances to ensure proper assembly fit.
- Conform to drafting standards and department policies.
- Prepare engineering change notices (ECN).
- Consult and coordinate with suppliers.
- Checks own work and that of others.
- Works independently with minimal direction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in mechanical engineering.
- Previous internship experience or 6+ months of related work experience.
- Previous experience with Catia V5 and SmarTeam
- Experience in sheetmetal design
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing principals such as value streams, 5S, 7 general types of waste, and project planning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.