Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Design Engineers in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
The Design Engineer will perform engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, study, and propose use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products;
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues;
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures;
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability;
- Direct preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material;
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements;
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way; Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures;
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support;
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication;
- Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis;
- Establish priorities for work delegated to others;
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering;
- Six months or more of related experience or internship experience;
- A deep understanding of commercial vehicles and the systems to support them;
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties;
- Experience with a high-level CAD system (SolidWorks/CREO/CATIA);
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems;
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.