STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Design Engineers in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
This Design Engineer role sits in the service part engineering group and has design responsibility of Plant fabricated service parts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of engineering calculations, analysis and tools gained through education or experience.
- Provides key information and guidance for service parts fabricated chassis components throughout the project execution to ensure high quality engineering products.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and experience of fabricated products manufacturing and sourcing processes.
- Ability to drive results with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Knowledge and experience of PPAP, APQP tools including PFMEAs and Control Plans, inspection and metrology best practices for systems and components.
- Leverage strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills to impact the quality of work of cross functional team members including technical guidance of designers, technicians, manufacturing engineers, purchasing analysts and external stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of CAD software (CREO and Windchill preferred).
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Project is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field required.
- CAD experience is required, preferably in Creo
- Component and/or system design
- 3D modeling and drawings, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and datum structure development, Design for manufacture, assembly and service (DfM, DfA, DfS)
- PFMEA and process validation planning.
- Knowledge of welding, metal forming and fabrication processes a plus.
- The candidate should have knowledge in chassis systems.
- Prior experience is beneficial, but not necessary.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.