Diagnostics & Maintenance Technicians
Diagnostics & Maintenance TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Diagnostics & Maintenance Technicians in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
As an Equipment Diagnostics & Maintenance Technician at Wacker Neuson, this role will perform advanced diagnostics and failure analysis of systems on all types of construction equipment. The Technician will utilize electronic instrumentation, prepare technical reports based on data acquisition and analysis, provide advice on field applications, and provide detailed technical support on component assembly and servicing. Responsible for technical support functions from equipment repair to field test follow at customer locations in North America.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes knowledge of all machine systems and basic instrumentation skills to collect and analyze test data and communicate results verbally and/or in writing to the technical staff and/or business unit customers.
- Conducts field and in-house testing of construction equipment with emphasis on identifying component failures and problems relative to applications.
- Assist with and support the training of customer personnel, accumulation and analysis of test data, verbal and/or written communications with business unit customers, and collection and dissemination of product quality/durability feedback.
- Performs complex assembly and disassembly of construction equipment, which includes diagnostic analysis to identify necessary repairs or improvements to major equipment systems.
- Executes on campaigns and/or projects with minimal supervision.
- Utilizes basic computer skills to produce electronic spreadsheets, develop charts and graphs, perform word processing and communicate via electronic mail.
- Working with the Aftermarket Group, travel to the Wacker Neuson Affiliates, Distribution Channels and Customers to ensure customer satisfaction at all levels.
Used Equipment & Certified Pre-Owned (CPO):
- Inspect machines for technical issues and report on scope of repairs where necessary.
- Rebuild machines in Wacker Neuson or other 3rd party inventory for resale as premium used.
- Recondition machines for resale or export as Certified Pre-Owned.
Travel and Planning:
- Frequent travel to distributor locations required with efficient and effective planning.
- Travel with a Technical Services Representative or Dealer Development Specialist on a regular basis to establish relations with distributor accounts and expedite repairs where approved.
- Periodic travel to training centers globally.
- Participate in special projects where needed/as deemed necessary by management.
- Stay current on all equipment, development goals, technology changes, machine improvements and web enhancement
- Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to manager.
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree in Industrial Engineering Technology or similar preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Must possess extensive experience in repair, modification, and testing of construction equipment to include diagnostics, technical data acquisition and analysis, and written technical communications.
- Ability to effectively interpret blueprints, schematics and technical work instructions.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good verbal and written speaking skills paired with working principle which is structured.
- Have a passport or ability to obtain one and able to travel both domestic and internationally 50%-75% of the time.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.