Diesel Engine Technicians (U.S. Naval Ships)
Diesel Engine Technicians (U.S. Naval Ships)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring an experienced Diesel Engine Technician in Norfolk, Virginia to perform maintenance on U.S. Naval ships.
- Assist in the assessment, installation, monitoring, and service of diesel engines and systems at the Naval Station Norfolk and local shipyards
- Perform or coordinate test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks.
- Perform validations/verifications of various mechanical and electrical systems.
- Design and write test procedures, critique system test procedures, and assist in the development of upgrades and enhancements.
- Implement engineering change instructions.
- Investigate system problems and provide white papers on the results of the investigation.
- Prepare recommendations and solutions on system problems to include alternate testing to verify change.
- Train others in the operation and performance of diesel engines
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
- Serve as senior/lead technician and assist in the training of other technicians. –
- May coordinate and supervise a team of employees for a given job with responsibility for scheduling tasks, monitoring, technical and employee performance.
- May support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Must have familiarity of OEM Service either through experience and/or equivalent OEM Factory/Navy certificates/NEC
- Must have recent (within 18 months) hands-on experience with the respective equipment
- Must be knowledgeable in engine performance analysis, repairs, machinery vibration and failure analysis
- Must be knowledgeable in interpreting, reviewing, and applying engine work specifications, engine maintenance standards/practices, repair procedures and technical documentation
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.