Director of Maintenance
Director of MaintenanceSTS
STS Technical Services
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Factory Service, responsible for the daily tactical operations of the Knoxville Factory Service Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead aircraft maintenance operations in 2 hangars in support of new aircraft deliveries, scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, and AOG support
- Create and implement standardized processes to enable repeatable and predictable aircraft maintenance performance.
- Quantitatively measure individual employee performance and set goals for individual improvements.
- Measure Knoxville FSC financial performance compared to budget and other goals. Implement initiatives to improve performance and exceed goals.
- Expand staffing to maximize throughput and minimize time required to return customer aircraft to service.
- Establish and maintain FAA 145 Repair Station in accordance with applicable directives.
- Ensure all personnel are trained in the appropriate safety practices and procedures, including proper use and location of fire fighting equipment
- Ensure technicians are using the appropriate technical data available during the performance of maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration activities
- Ensure that Part 135 operator requirements have been obtained, made available and followed by inspection personnel
- Ascertain qualifications of all technical employees prior to work assignment through tests, evaluation, and previous experience
- Train, assist, and supervise technicians in proper work procedures and practices
- Ensure the shop equipment and tools are maintained in a clean and orderly manner at all times
- Ensure that all maintenance or alteration processes are appropriately completed and documented on the maintenance forms
- Determine whether a hidden damage inspection should be performed, then document and inform the Chief Inspector
- Initiate requisitions for stock as required for work being performed
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Ensure Exceptional Customer Service:
- Maintains world class communication cadence tailored to the needs of each customer
- Drive Cirrus Service Essentials with Team. Lead by example.
- Displays leadership in customer hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for customer relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand owner/guest expectations.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals and or managers.
- Reviews comment cards, customer satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Shares plans with Cirrus leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Expert level understanding and experience in FAA part 145 Repair Station operations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified under FAR Part 65. Understands the FARs, Airworthiness Directives, methods, techniques, and practices contained in the applicable manufacturers’ maintenance and alteration documents, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Airframe & Powerplant License, Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
Since this is a direct hire job, Cirrus Aircraft will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.