Director of Quality & Continuous Improvement
Director of Quality & Continuous ImprovementSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Director of Quality & Continuous Improvement in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
The Director of Quality & Continuous Improvement having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Acknowledged expert within the organization as well as within other organizations, both within and beyond own function. Involves mastery of a specialized discipline and thorough understanding of several disciplines. As also being the Director of Continuous Improvement, the Director is a practitioner of lean with a focus on eliminating waste.
- Designs, implements, and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
- Process maps the organization to become compliant with ISO9001:2015.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality, and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution.
- Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products.
- Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
- Ensures compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards.
- Establish and lead cross functional team for organizational continuous improvement, focusing on eliminating waste.
- Monitors the compliance to standard of incoming components from Suppliers to include First Article acceptance (PPAP), defective material containment, and problem solving.
- Supports cross functional teams for Change Management, Warranty Improvement, and Scrap Reduction.
- Strong analytical mindset to transform information and data into insight and strategies for the manufacturing quality department.
- In-depth knowledge of core quality tools (MSA, PFMEA, Control Plans, LPAs, SPC) and proficient use of problem-solving tools including GD&T, Metrology / CMM practices, DFSS, Ishikawa Diagrams, 3L 5Why, 8D, etc.
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills with capability to influence, coach, mentor, and partner across multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to lead by example, through influence and collaboration is essential.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft suite of tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Share Point, etc.
- Certification as a Quality Engineer, Quality Manager or Quality Auditor through ASQ or equivalent is preferred.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or Engineering Technology or at least 12 years of Quality Management Systems experience.
- At least 2 years of experience leading cross functional teams/projects OR Master’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or
- At least 10 years of Engineering and Quality Assurance experience.
- At least 2 years of experience leading cross functional teams/projects OR Doctorate degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- At least 8 years of Engineering and Quality Assurance experience.
- Working conditions may include working outside of a climate-controlled environment for long periods of time.
- PPE is required per company procedures and includes safety shoes, safety glasses and safety vest.
Walking, sitting, standing, crouching, and lifting up to 50lbs.
* This job description is intended as a general guide to the job duties for this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and efforts required of employees assigned to this job position. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of TICO Manufacturing.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.