Drill Automation Lead Engineers
Drill Automation Lead EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Drill Automation Lead Engineers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Automation Lead Engineer will be overseeing a team responsible for new product designs in the field of blast hole drill autonomy.
- The role will be directly involved in the technical specification, hardware selection, integration, and testing of systems designed to completely automate a mining Blast hole Drill platform.
- We are seeking a candidate that has experience in new product development and equally important experience in leading a skilled team.
- The right candidate will be capable of developing a road map with product management, developing milestones to the agreed upon timing, and collaborating in a small team environment with a high level of autonomy and freedom to pursue creative design ideas.
- Our team uses an Agile style of product development, so high-quality candidates will be experienced self-starters that can turn concepts into functional designs with a strong focus on end user experiences.
- A strong desire to expand one’s knowledge is also important because our team integrates advanced and emerging technologies; the person filling this position must enjoy working on technology with which they may not be familiar.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in STEM related field
- 10+ Years in automation/manufacturing/mining
- Experience leading a small team of direct reports / contract resources
- Familiarity with automation control systems such as PLC’s, robotics, HMI’s
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Controls Engineering
- Experience with control architecture design
- Experience in complete NPD process from Concept to Realization
- Field experience with on-site customer interaction / voice of customer
- Experience interacting with senior leadership to convey timeline, progress, forward looking planning/milestones
- Experience in various industrial communication protocols (RS232/422/485, TCP/IP, CANOpen, J1939, ProfiBus/ProfiNet, EtherCAT, etc.)
- HMI / User Experience development experience
- LabVIEW Experience
- Team member development / Career planning
- Continuous Learning
- Effective Communicator
- Effective Relationships
- Critical Thinking
- Service Orientation
- Drive for Results Required Travel: Up to 20%
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.