Drill Automation System Integrators
Drill Automation System IntegratorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Drill Automation System Integrators in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The Drill Automation System Integrator will be responsible for new product design in the field of machine autonomy. The role will be directly involved in the technical specification, hardware selection, integration, programming, and testing of systems designed to completely automate a mining Blasthole Drill platform. We are looking for an experienced candidate that understands the product design lifecycle, software development and maintenance, and the critical characteristics of reliable and user-friendly product design.
The right candidate will be capable of collaborating in a small team environment with a high level of autonomy and freedom to pursue creative design ideas. Our team uses an Agile style of product development, so high quality candidates will be experienced self-starters that are capable of turning functional concepts into technical designs with a strong focus on end user experiences. A strong desire to expand one’s knowledge is also important because our team integrates advanced and emerging technologies; the person filling this position must enjoy working on technology with which they may not be familiar!
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field
- Education in programming (not necessarily a degree in programming)
- 6+ years experience in system integration involving controls programming
- Experience integrating control actuating hardware with control feedback (i.e. linear actuators, encoders, sensors, etc).
- Experience with control architecture design
- Field experience with on-site customer implementation (installation/commissioning/troubleshooting/support)
- Experience integrating advanced sensors such as RADAR, LiDAR, etc.
- Experience integrating positioning and orientation sensors such as GPS, Inertial Measurement, etc.
- Experience in advanced control algorithm development such as Kalman Filters, state feedback control, PID gain calculation, model development, etc.
- Experience with wireless communication and/or networking
- Experience in various communication protocols (RS232/422/485, TCP/IP, CANOpen, J1939, ProfiBus/ProfiNet, EtherCAT, etc.)
- HMI development experience
- LabView experience (certification as a CLAD, CLD, or CLA a significant plus!)
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.