ECS & Ice Protection Design Engineers
ECS & Ice Protection Design EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring ECS & Ice Protection Design Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
This position is for a Mechanical Systems engineer on the Environmental (ECS) and Ice Protection Systems (IPS) team within the New Product Development – Jets engineering organization. Primary duties will be related to environmental control systems, though some work in ice protection systems may be possible and/or required.
- Creation and development of component/system descriptions, requirements, and specifications
- Creation and support of Development Assurance Process and System Safety documentation
- Support of component/system design and certification activity, including:
- Creation of any supporting analyses, both mechanical and thermal
- Creation of appropriate test plans and procedures
- Coordination and oversight of required testing, including test article build
- Coordination of test results and creation of applicable test report(s)
- Support of issue resolution and squawk closure on both flying and ground test articles
- Team schedule creation/management (specific to ECS/IPS team deliverables for the program)
- This position is based in Wichita, KS.
- Occasional travel may be required but is expected to be 5% or less of the time.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Candidates will be required to work in a team environment and collaborate closely and effectively with other members of the ECS/IPS team, as well as other Mechanical Systems functional areas.
- In addition, daily coordination with areas outside of Mechanical Systems will be required – some of these areas include Experimental Engineering, Experimental Flight Test, Project design teams, Quality, and Supply Chain.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer