STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring EHS Specialists in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Coordinates activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations related to environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Develops applicable SOPs; creates or acquires related safety training programs, coordinated implementation of safety programs; maintains required records; submits required reports.
- Conducts safety and environmental site inspections.
- Coordinates or conducts required environmental and safety orientations and training (OSHA, EPA, Fuel Program etc.) for company personnel.
- Perform environmental audits and maintain records for local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists with incident management, incident investigations, incident prevention and hazard recognition initiatives. Performs hazard assessments as required and / or as directed.
- Coordinates with EAMS Management with regard to reporting of safety and/or environmental incidents.
- Performs a wide variety of complex planning, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, installation, and repair on mechanical, electrical, electronic, air, and hydraulic components of machines, material handling system, and other plant related activities.
- Any other duties as assigned within the scope of the EH&S field
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in Engineering Science, Environmental, Health, and Safety field or related
- Prefer 1-3 Years of experience in areas of responsibility: Environmental, Health, and Safety. Broad knowledge and/or understanding and experience applicable to OSHA, and DOT regulations required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge and sound judgment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.