Electrical Design Engineers
Electrical Design EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Electrical Design Engineers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Build your career with a leading global manufacturer of high quality construction equipment and compact construction machines. Enjoy the excitement of working for an organization that serves multiple industries, including construction, landscaping, agriculture, and architecture, as well as municipal bodies in applications such as roadbuilding, rail transport and recycling.
At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
- Position Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
- Remote Work: No
- Agency Engagement: Agencies are not approved to submit
As an Electrical Design Engineer II, you will assist in the design and implementation of both current product optimization and new product development. You will work with the electrical and software development team (as well as additional stakeholders such as product management, manufacturing, and purchasing) to see projects through from conception to production, and beyond.
- Create and maintain electrical schematics and wire harness drawings.
- Assist in the definition of software functions (machine control and HMI).
- Acquire and analyze electrical system data.
- Research and understand the applicable industry and government standards (ISO, SAE, etc.).
- Supports the creation of machine documentation (schematics, manuals, training, troubleshooting).
- Create and manage software requirement documentation.
- Create and manage testing documentation.
- Write engineering change notices (ECNs).
- Release new designs.
- Provide hands on manufacturing support to keep production schedule on time.
- Work with field technicians and support services to investigate and resolve customer concerns.
- Define testing requirements for new software functions (machine control and HMI).
- Use data acquisition equipment to collect performance information.
- Create test setups for functional validation.
- Evaluate results and determine/coordinate appropriate issue resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise during prototyping.
- Effectively communicates with members of other departments, suppliers, and service providers.
- Interpersonal skills to work with all levels of the organization to effectively communicate technical ideas.
- Proactively communicates with engineering management.
- Ability to work with a global engineering staff.
- Ability to self-manage your workload according to overall project timelines.
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- Bachelors of Science Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years design engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient knowledge of electronic circuit design, components, systems, and controls.
- Practical knowledge of data acquisition (discrete signals and CAN).
- Practical knowledge of communication protocols (CAN, UDS, J1939, etc).
- Practical CAD software experience.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with construction and/or industrial equipment.
- Prior experience with the following CAD tools: Siemens NX, Zuken E3.
- Prior experience with following software development tools: JIRA, Confluence, Vector CANalyzer.
- Familiarity with C programming and/or Sontheim MDT Authoring Tool is a plus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.