Electrical Design Engineers
Electrical Design EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Electrical Design Engineers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
LiveWire is a division of the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. At LiveWire we are pioneering the future of motorcycling by means of vehicle and system design, software, and rider experience while leveraging the extensive legacy of Harley-Davidson. It’s our passion and commitment to continue to lead the evolution of electric motorcycles. To keep building on our foundation and to lead our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. Are you ready to join us?
- Our EV Platform Engineering team is located within the Harley-Davidson Product Development center in Wauwatosa WI.
- The LiveWire engineering team works in a hybrid virtual work environment that includes a mix of on campus and remote activities as driven by the work requirements.
- This open position requires a relentless drive to success while working in an efficient, dynamic and agile systems focused engineering environment.
- This engineer will be assisting with engineering and integration of vehicle systems and controls and targeting vehicle level performance requirements.
- Design, develop, and test of electrical components for the LiveWire Electric Vehicle (EV) platform. This may be accomplished through work with LiveWire team or suppliers.
- Full vehicle electrical integration including high and low voltage systems.
- Activities also include but are not limited to assisting in trouble shooting EV vehicles, identifying areas for continuous improvement, and working with customer service to review and address field concerns.
- Utilize individual and group design reviews in development of component specifications to optimize vehicle performance, quality, DFM/DFA, and cost.
- Help establish a consistent mindset that is focused on the highest value of work. Lead and reinforce application of best practices to streamline the product development process and deliver world-class engineering to efficiently and effectively lead the industry.
- Leverage Harley-Davidson’s extensive product development assets including test labs, proving grounds and expert product development capabilities to deliver best-in-class performance, usability, and quality.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering calculations, engineering analysis, and electrical circuits.
- Experience with CAN tools for system function review and troubleshooting is preferred.
- Technical skills related to performance on-bench and on-vehicle testing is desired.
- Experience with EV controls software, and familiarity with common EV subsystems, including battery, power electronics, and electric motor fundamentals.
- Proven track record in solving challenging technical problems in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate technical subjects in a clear, concise manner to multiple levels of the organization.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.