Electrical / Electronic Assembly Technicians
Electrical / Electronic Assembly TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Electrical / Electronic Assembly Technicians in Germantown, Maryland.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical-Electronic Assembly Specialist to join our dynamic team in Germantown, Maryland.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Activities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs complex production assembly operations and inspections on electronic/electrical and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Performs rework, repair and modification to parts and assemblies.
- Presents statistical data to team for analysis and problem resolution.
- Provides complex periodic maintenance on machines and tooling and complex machine set up tasks following machine inspection checklists.
- Coordinates with manager and other departments to coordinate work flow and resolve issues.
- Performs complex rework, repair and modification to parts and assemblies.
- Assembles and delivers kits.
- Performs simple receiving and inspections procedures on incoming materials.
- Documents inspection results in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Coordinates with management or other departments to establish work priorities.
- Updates work status documentation.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Performs complex rework, repair and modification to parts and assemblies (e.g. soldering on electronic assemblies 90% of the time and mechanical assemblies 10% of the time).
- Performs complex production assembly operations on electronic/electrical and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Coordinates with supervisor and other departments to coordinate work flow and resolve issues.
- Coordinates with supervisor to establish work priorities.
- Works under minimal supervision.
Qualifications & Prerequisites:
- Must have 5+ yrs experience soldering components on PC board assemblies
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- More than 5 years of experience in electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- More than 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment.
- More than 5 years of experience performing soldering and electronics repair to the component level.
- More than 5 years of experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications.
- Current IPC-7711/IPC-7721 certification for Rework and Repair of Electronic Assemblies.
- Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 7 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years’ related work, Bachelor+2 years’ related work, etc.)
- Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
- Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- Information Technology Fluency, General Shop Processes, Engineering Drawings & Specs, Assembly Tools, Assembly Process, Teamwork, Continuous Learning, Accountability and Responsibility, Continuous Improvement, Adaptability, Change Management, Certification & Qualification
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.